Hey, readers Welcome to Yognut. Today we are going to learn important life lessons from Chanakya Neeti. To live a peaceful and successful life wisely we have to keep some life lessons in mind so that no one can ruin our life. Now to learn this we can follow one of the greatest Strategists, Philosophers, Economists, and teacher of ancient India Acharya Chanakya popularly known as Vishnu Gupta and Kautilya’s path.
He was initially a professor of economics and political science at the ancient Takshasila University. He had a great contribution to the Mauryan Empire, under the rule of Chandragupta Maurya made a lot of progress. Life Lessons of Acharya Chanakya and teachings from Chanakya are even taught as an important part of Management Studies which is also referred to as Chanakya Neeti.
Here are some important life lessons from Chanakya Neeti:
1. Education is the best friend. An educated person is respected everywhere. Education beats beauty and Youth.
Acharya Chanakya by this statement explained that a person may be weak in terms of strength or maybe average or below average looking or may not have ample of wealth but he will be still treated as a wise person and gain a lot of respect from everyone and everywhere if he is well educated.
2. Learn from the mistakes of others, you can’t live long enough to make them all yourselves.
This life lesson tells that it’s not necessary that we should learn when we do mistakes but we can learn from other mistakes too and this is a wise decision.
3. A person shouldn’t be too honest, because straight trees are cut first and very honest man knocks out first.
Be honest but don’t need to show your extra honesty in front of cheaters and foolish peoples.
4. Even if a snake is not poisonous, but it should pretend as venomous.
This lesson teaches us that even if a man has good knowledge and behave well but if he is not good from the heart then you should be aware of him.
Most important life lessons from Chanakya Neeti has never disclosed your secrets to anybody because you don’t know who can use it against you. And also never tell your weakness so that they can’t attack it.
6. As soon as the fear approaches near, attack and destroy it.
Chanakya Neeti says that if we should fight against fear not go back if we go back it approaches you more so need to stand and destroy it.
7. The fragrance of flowers spread only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of the person spreads in all directions.
Chanakya Neeti says that a man should always be good to other irrespective to the difference in culture and communities.
8. Before you start some work, you should ask three important questions to yourself- Why am I doing it, what the results might be and will I be successful.
Chanakya Neeti says that before the beginning of any work or implementing any strategy or initiating any plan, you should have asked these question and after getting a satisfying answer of all these three questions you can start the work and go-ahead.
9. A man is great by his activities only, birth has nothing to do with it.
Chanakya Neeti explained that a man can be great in front of people by kind of activities and things he doing in his life. His by born relation from special family or belonging communities can’t do anything with it.
10. People who work sincerely are the happiest.
From Chanakya Neeti we can learn that if we doing our work at full strength and honest with smart way then we never become unhappy.
11. Humbleness is the root of self-control.
Chanakya Neeti says that best life lessons for a successful and happy person in life you have to be as much humble as you can. Your humbleness may weaken your enemies at times and it will always keep you in self-control and increase your self-confidence at the same time.
12. There is some self-interest behind every friendship. There is no friendship without self-interest. It’s a bitter truth.
Chanakya Neeti says everyone here attached with their self-interest and it can be any of forms like money, fame or anything so he can be with you until his needs not be over, once he gets it he leaves you.
13. Never make your friends who are above or below your status. Such friendship never gives you happiness.
According to Chanakya Neeti if you make a friend who is above your status then you always get frustrated by looking at them and compare to yourself and when you make friend lower than your status then he always tries to keep you down.
Also see: 9 Benefits of a Healthy Relationship
14. Time perfects men as well as destroy them.
Chanakya Neeti states that if we make time our best friend and utilize it in the best way then it makes you perfect but if you waste it then it destroys you latter.
15. He who is overly attached to his family members experiences fear and sorrow for the root of all grief is the attachment. Thus one should discard attachment as much as possible to be happy.
Though this learning from Chanakya Neeti is the most difficult one or we can say next to impossible to follow but it has true sense. A person who is much attached to his family has some sort of expectations in return. It may be in form of respect, love, sacrifice or service but most of the times even family members are not able to fulfill those expectations to the limit that person thinks which creates sorrow and grief for that person and differences within relations.
These are some most beneficial learning important life lessons from Chanakya Neeti out of several ones. These are helpful in every field of life you can implement it and live a happy life. And by keeping these life lessons in mind you can protect yourself from harmful elements of our society.